Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Luxury and more -- and less



I spent Saturday afternoon watching a touring show of the Broadway hit "Next to Normal" at Cleveland's Palace Theatre. You non-Clevelanders don't know what you're missing in not having seen the gorgeous vaudeville-era theaters that make up our city's Playhouse Square.

In any case, I did an installment of Sketchbook Cleveland on our adventure, and you can see the whole thing right here! The drawing above is a scene we passed before we sat in our luxury loge seats, which we'd won in a silent auction at a fundraiser. I'm not sure what each of our tickets would've cost at the box office, but I'm betting the cost of the four of them would've carried this lady through a couple weeks of living expenses.

Yet what do I really know about her?

No comments:

Post a Comment